Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) is based on the highly successful Chronic Disease Self-Management Program developed by Dr. Kate Lorig and her colleagues at Stanford University’s Patient Education Research Center.
Research studies find high rates of depression and anxiety among caregivers and increased vulnerability to health problems. Caregivers frequently cite restriction of personal activities and social life as problems. They often feel they have no control over events, and that feeling of powerlessness has a significant negative impact on caregivers’ physical and emotional health.
What you will learn:
- Class #1– Taking care of you
- Class #2– Identifying and reducing personal stress
- Class #3 –Communicating Feeling, Needs, and Concerns
- Class #4–Communicating in Challenging Situations
- Class #5—Learning From Our Emotions
- Class #6– Mastering Caregiving Decisions
- Once a week (same day)
- Either for 90 minutes, or 2 ½ hours
- 6 consecutive weeks
For more information, visit: http://www.powerfultoolsforcaregivers.org/